Friday, August 1, 2008

The two sides of 2...

Just wanted to share the two sides of our wonderful 2 year old!!!

The Sweet Bean:
 

and....


The Monster Bean!!!
 


Notice poor Roscoe puts up with both rather well...they really do have fun together. :)

Just a few little updates...(well, ok, really some motherly bragging!)
Bean has been counting!!! He can go all the way up to....20!!! It's amazing! (love that school of his!) He skips a few numbers here and there, but he shocked us the other day when he kept going after 10. I hear, "11, 12, 13, 14.." I could not believe it. Especially since just a few weeks ago his counting consisted of him saying, "1, 2, 8" Go Bean!

His next great learning thing has been his colors! He really just exploded with knowing about 4-5 colors consistently. I will hear, "MOMMY, that pink!" or "MOMMY, that orange!". He is very proud of himself when he knows what it is. It's very cute.

Finally, tonight was the cutest...he has really started to sing songs for us too. I HAVE to get the video camera out to get this one tape, because it's just really precious. He can do parts of twinkle, twinkle little star, row row row your boat and as we learned tonight.....Old McDonald had a farm! He sings, "Old Donald had farm, E-I-O, cow here, cow here, cow here, Old Donald had farm, E-I-O!" Then he tells me to clap! oh boy! So cute. It really might be my goal for the weekend to catch that on video...

Thanks for reading the posting of a very proud momma...He really is such a big boy...he will be a great big brother! :)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! :) He is a smartie, that's for sure. Can't wait to see you guys next weekend -- our boys will have a blast, for sure! Happy weekend to you guys! HUGS!