Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Ask and you shall receive...

Hello all!

I had an OB appointment today with Dr B...finally! I saw him most of my pregnancy, but the last few appointments I wasn't able to schedule with him, so it had been since 28 weeks.

So, we started out with small talk and then I (half) jokingly said, "Can we have this baby next week???"

He smiled at me and said, "Not until late in the week." (I totally thought he was kidding...)

So, he continued with the visit as usual. Heartbeat was strong and everything looked right on track. He asked me if I felt this baby was as big as my first and I told him "yes, and that made me slightly nervous."

He said, "Ok, come with me."

We walked to the check out area, he looked at a piece of paper (his call schedule) and then got on the phone. "I need to schedule an induction for October 22 please. Yes, for macrosomia (big baby). ok. yep. Wow, that's early. ok, yep. I'll tell her." and he hangs up.

I said, "Seriously?!?" and he smiled.

"That was easy." I said

"Well, " he says, "When you are the chair of the department you can do that!" :)
Then he gave me a big hug and told me how excited he was to deliver my baby. By now my head was spinning and I got really nervous! (in a good way!) I thanked him and he took my hand, gave it a big squeeze and told me it will be so much better this time...and that was my appointment!

So, there you have it...we have a scheduled induction for Wednesday October 22. We are to arrive at the hospital at 6am and off we go!

It was all so funny how it played out. We never really talked about anything, and it all happened so fast. D says my doctor is obviously very experienced in dealing with the pregnant female. Just act and don't talk about it! :)

I had mixed feelings about inducing again, but I feel really good about it now. I have so much confidence in my doctor and really feel we are doing the right thing. And we love having a plan! I know the fun of randomly going into labor is exciting, but there is nothing like a good plan in my mind! :)

So, if all goes well, in one week we will have the next T baby in our arms and be ready to start on another amazing adventure!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yippee!! So, you've got your plan...just need a name for that little guy... ;)

Anonymous said...

Wowsers, woman!! I'm nervous and eXcited just reading your post. God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

Cousin E, Great News! I am praying for you all! Love, Cousin K

Anonymous said...

TO Kylie's comment ... since you can't name this lad, I've decided I like the names 'Jackson' and 'Gavin'. Let me know which it will be.

Love, Papa G !!

PS - Tell Bean I miss him and I'll stop by soon to play and get to know Little Brother Boo.

Anonymous said...

Papa G had some good name suggestions!! Add those to you list! ;)