Friday, March 20, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday!!!

Today Bean turned 3! What a day! We played at home in the morning and made some very yummy rice crispy treats. Bean basically just ate the marshmallows...and loved every bite! :) Daddy took the afternoon off, so we took Bean out to lunch...just the 3 of us! (Little Boo went to school for just a couple hours) I think Bean really liked having a lunch date with mommy and daddy all to himself. I was hoping to go somewhere new, but the birthday boy wanted good old chic-fil-a, so that's where we went. Then Bean got some quality one on one time with Daddy getting the oil changed in my car! (such fun!) This gave me a chance to pick up to house...it's SO much easier to do when a certain someone is not there! We ordered pizza for dinner (another Bean fav) and he had his candles in a rice crispy treat. (Real cake will come tomorrow for his party.) He loved it, as you will be able to tell from the pictures. It was very sweet and cute.
But the GIANT moment of the entire day was the arrival of the Cars bounce house in our backyard. It was supposed to come tomorrow for the party, BUT it arrived early! I wish I had the camera to capture the look on Bean's face when it started to grow (and grow and grow!!!). It really was priceless. He was so excited!!! Needless to say, Bean and Daddy were bouncing well past 8pm. (and yes, there were some tears when it was time to come back inside.) I will have pictures of this monster of a bounce house tomorrow for sure! It even has a very cool slide. I am eager to try it out myself! :)
So our big 3 year old had a great day! With lots more to come tomorrow!!!



Waiting the arrival of his "cake" and candles. Earlier in the week he told me "Mommy, I am so excited for my birthday. I can't wait to blow out my candles!"



Blowing out his candles!



Bean admiring the smoke. He was very enthralled by it!


Mommy and her boys! (even though I am standing weird...hmmmm, oh well) :)



Interesting way to wear a party hat!

Now...I better get some rest. We have a big day ahead of us tomorrow! Happy Birthday Bean!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Bean! I sure wish we were there to play in that bounce house!! I'm guessing the tears at the end of the night were as much Daddy's as they were Bean's ... but for much different reasons! Ha Ha!

Pappa G.

Anonymous said...

Such cute pictures! Can't wait to see some from the big, bouncy party!! :) Happy birthday again! xo