Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Bean stories...
Brotherly love: Our dear Bean has been adjusting to his new life as a big brother. He is so sweet to his brother...kissing him all the time! He loves to kiss his hands and will bend his arm any way possible to get that kiss. I try so hard not to continually say...CAREFUL!!!...but it's hard not to! Really, Bean loves his brother...most of the time... ;)
Pumping: oh boy! Try to explain a breast pump to a 2 year old! That was an interesting day..."Mommy, WHAT are you doing???" The boy was fascinated. I just explained that I had to make baby milk for his brother, and he was cool with that. The best part now is that Bean will take a straw and put it on his chest when I pump and pretend he is making baby milk too...I hope i have not scarred him for life! :)
So Sad: The true sign of our new addition affecting Bean...I was loading the car by myself, so I put Boo in first and was coming back to get Bean. I came back in the house and there was Bean, all sad, saying, "what about me, Mommy, what about me???" I could have cried. Pretty insightful for a 2 year old...
MY chair: I feed Boo in the same chair during the day. Well, Bean knows this and as soon as he thinks I am going to feed Boo, in that chair Bean goes! and in that chair he wants to stay....wow. So, usually I have to physically move him out to get to sit there. Bean knows how to get some attention!
MY boppy: Thank goodness I have 2 boppy's! Bean has declared one of them HIS! AND I am NOT allowed to use it! He will tell me, "That's MY boppy, Mommy, here is YOUR boppy!"
Trying things out: Well, Bean has climbed back in the crib, in the baby carrier and in the bouncer to try them all out again. So glad the boys are "sharing"...
Put him down: When Bean wants my attention and I am holding Boo, he will tell me, "Put him down Mommy, Put him in the carrier!"
Very sweet: I will have to say though, that Bean is very sweet. He comes up to Boo and says, "Hi there little guy!" He will go over to him when he is crying and say (as he runs over)" I will check on him" , and then "Settle down, it's okay" to Boo. He will even sing to him, "Rock a baby, in tree top"...very cute and sweet. He LOVES to hold his brother and actually does a pretty good job. :)
I am very proud of my Big boy (2 year old attitude and all!)... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Neat stories ... the beginning of brother bonding that will last a lifetime.
Post a Comment