to toddler...He'll always be our BABY. :)

What a day today...Boo is 2!!! All day long in my head I kept saying to myself, "My BABY is 2!!!" almost in disbelief. Yet here we have this amazing, curious, smart, and busy little boy...and now he is 2 years old. Wow. We had a great day today...we stated at the mall, in the Disney store where Boo picked out 2 new "friends" to take home (Mickey and Goofy). We then went to the mall play area where he normally runs and plays, but today he would not leave my lap! He just cuddled and snuggled---maybe he sensed my nostalgia about today---and I loved it. :) We then did something I said I would never do---we rode the mall train. (This is a train that drives through the ENTIRE mall...oh yes, 5 train cars long and all!) Boo LOVED it!! He waved at people and stores and enjoyed every minute. He even earned a lollipop at the end of our ride, which to my amazement he ate the whole thing! I watched him suck on it and turned my head away once and he BIT it and was chewing (quite happily!) the entire lollipop! (Please don't tell his pediatrician---ha!) We went to lunch next and finally home for nap. The birthday festivities started back up with pizza for dinner (the boy ate 3 pieces), presents and cupcakes. Both boys enjoyed the presents and I was very proud of Bean for being a helpful big brother. Daddy got a movie for us to watch after bath---I was skeptical---but everyone absolutely loved it! How to Tame Your Dragon was fun and now I think both boys want a pet dragon. :) (Bean did tell me tonight he would be a "fruit snack eating dragon"...) Bedtime was easy...this little guy was tired, and the celebration continues tomorrow!
Big brother helps with cards and presents (of course!)
Reading a new book from the NY grands :)
ALL the boys playing with the blocks from the T grands!
Birthday cupcake!!!
Yummy!
Good frosting!
Messy!!! I cleaned frosting out of his ears tonight! :)
More pics to come as we celebrate tomorrow with some family and friends with a construction themed party!!! :)
1 comment:
Wish I was there! I'd say to Boo "save Papa one of those cupcakes", but it will be awhile before I get back to Florida so I think I will just buy some fresh ones and boo, bean, and I will celebrate all over when I return!
Post a Comment