My dear wonderful friend Karen Lane Raybourn passed away Monday night. She was a 15 year fighter of Thyroid cancer. She NEVER let her diagnosis get her down...through it all she lived to get married, have a beautiful son and touch every person she ever met. I am so lucky to have had her as my friend. We spent many summers together in our teenage years...staying up late, talking about boys, getting a bit too much sun on our many trips to the pool or beach, and just being best girlfriends. We recently were able to spend time together when Karen was in a clinical trial for thyroid cancer where I live. We both enjoyed our monthly visits and loved talking about boys just as much as before---except this time, the BOYS were our SONS! And at every visit, we just fell back into conversation, as if no time had gone by at all. I am so lucky to have had her as part of my life...we all are! And I know, those of us left behind are sad and will miss her greatly, but we all must be comforted to know she is at peace and no longer suffering or in pain. I know, too...that the next time I see her, we will fall back into place again...just like old times. Karen--I love you and will miss you.
A few pictures of Karen and I:

June 2008 on one of her visits. We went out to dinner together...just us girls and had a wonderful time. :)

From the summer of 1995, in Cape May, NJ. Such great memories...

Same Cape May trip. I will always remember. :)
2 comments:
I am so sorry you've lost a good friend. Sometimes there seems to be no explanation for why good people are taken from us at such an early age. All we can do is be thankful for the time we were allowed to make memories together. By sharing these pictures with the rest of your family and friends it's clear you cherish the time you got to spend with Karen.
She will be missed - such a sweet and fun person!! A friendship like that will last FOREVER. :) Hugs.
Post a Comment