On Bean's actual birthday we were home and had a pretty low key day. We went to Publix to get ready for his birthday party...and a pretty amazing thing happened there. We had a conversation with an older woman (very common for us!!! These boys attract all the "grandmas" at the store, especially when they are side by side in the car cart!) and she found out it was Bean's birthday. She told us her grandkids were in college and being 4 sounded so nice. Well, we all moved on with our shopping and we saw her again a few rows over. She came up to us and gave BOTH boys $5 and said it was for Bean's birthday! She said she doesn't get to do stuff like that anymore and just wanted to wish Bean a Happy Birthday! I was absolutely taken aback. In fact, I just about started crying right there in the middle of the grocery store! It was just so incredibly kind for a total stranger to feel that compelled to give my children something to make it a special day. I so wish I knew her name so I could send her a thank you note...We said LOTS of thank you's in the store. I sure hope she knew how much it meant to me. Amazing. :)

Frank from Cars...so cool!!! (this was the #1 toy on his list!)

Batman car from Daddy!

Our very own Piston Cup!!!

Love this picture...such a great smile. :)

Eating his giant birthday cookie! (We had cake at today's party...more pictures to come!)
1 comment:
As for the thoughful lady at Publix, the nicest way to repay her is by "paying it forward" (just like in the Liberty Mutual commercial!)
Post a Comment